Thursday 23 June 2011

Pillow Talk

Remember this pillow I bought at value village for $1.99 well this is what I did with it.
I just purchased this desk on Kijiji ( is similar to your craigs list), and I needed a chair to match.
So I took this plain old Ikea chair .

I spray painted it black and before it was completely dry I rubbed some of the paint off to make it match the desk.
 Now the pillow. I decided to cover it. Here and added a little skirt. It still needed something to set it off.
So I took a print from Graphics Fairy  and cut it out as a stencil. I used my black folk art paint and stencil brush and applied it to linen burlap.  While the stencil was drying I made the insert for my lumbar pillow.

Then I proceeded to make my cover . Here is the chair with the lumbar pillow.
Hope you enjoyed this makeover.
I am linking up with
No Minimalist here,
At the picket fence,
My Romantic Home,
French Country Cottage
Coastal Charm 
Sassy Sites T2T
Shabby Nest
Common Ground
Cherished Treasures

6 comments:

  1. Love the skirt idea... and that pillows really cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *love it* The lumbar pillow with the graphic makes the whole chair perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair turned out great, very pretty!
    Have a great weekend!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat, love the pillow skirt and the pillow, it all looks so nice with the desk!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  5. You stitched very beautiful way. It is very inspiration work. Your blog is very beneficial for me to do advance work in my pillow work.
    online clothing store

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I have pinned your chair and desk plus link to here on Pinterest :) Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah in Newmarket ON

    ReplyDelete