Saturday 14 April 2012

What to do on a Saturday!

What to do on a Saturday!

Well I purchased some metal stamps.

Thought I would have some fun.
So I needed some old spoons, a hammer, a steel box,
and my new stamps.
they measure 1/8".
I have seen these plant markers made of spoons so
for the cost of $11.99 I purchased my first set of metal stamps.


I hammered the spoons flat.
Then I proceeded to measure them across.
Marked where my letters would go and used a permanent marker.
Took one letter at a time and hammered hard.
Horray! it worked. Once I had my stamping done I coloured in the letters with my marker.
Sage, parsley, rosemary and thyme.





 Used both sides. (sorry my pictures came out blurry) but you get the drift.
Then I didn't stop there, I found a small washer in my husbands tool drawer and a light bulb
went off.
Why not try stamping on this to make a cute necklace.
Well what do you think.
 

What else can I find?  There's no telling what I  might use this stamp set on.
Yikes!!!!!! Hide the silverware...

What are you working on this beautiful day?

                              Have a great day!
                                 Linda

   I'm linking up with
    Funky Junk Sat
    Met Monday
    Mod Vintage Style
    Boogie Board Cottage
    Coastal Charm
     A stroll thru life
 Savvy Southern Style
     DIY by Design
     Faded Charm WED
Chatty Chicks
Katherines Corner
Southern Lovely
Knick of Time
Rooted in Thyme
Redoux friday feature party
Freckled Laundry
Feathered Nest Fri  French Country Cottage 
At the Picket Fence 
chic on a shoestring Decor

22 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I love this idea and think it looks fabulous. The necklace is really cute too. I found some old silverware that is in really bad shape and want to do the same thing but didn't know where to buy the stamp letter set. Can you advise me on a place in the Maritimes that would sell them? Thanks so much. Have fun with your new 'toy'. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen stuff like this! Yours turned out great! Do your spoons have to be silver? Would silver plate work?
    Stamping is fun!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun is this? :D What a cute craft. I would love something like this!

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you can have some real fun with those stamps! I love the spoons & washer necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get a set - I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Linda, I love those spoons! What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. Enjoy your Sunday, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I have metal stamps and a spoon or two, but I have not had much success with stamping clearly. I probably need a better surface to put the thing I'm stamping on, and to hit way harder (I'm always scared of hitting myself!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute cute, Linda! You did a great job and they truly look so professional! :) xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had a set of metal stamps for years and hardly used them. Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the spoons with the herbs stamped on them. I've seen them in shops and often wondered how they made them. Now I know. :-)
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are absolutely wonderful! I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always admired similar items but didn't realize it was so easy, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am almost positive I have some metal stamps. I am going to have to give this a try - but first, gotta locate those stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I have been looking around for some metal stamps like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. How fun is this. I have seen these around and had no idea how to do it. Great vignettes with them. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ~ love your creations ~ thanks for sharing ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^
    You might consider joining my blog hop Magical Monday Meme with your creations ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun!! I would love to try this. Looks terrific. Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post! I've stamped silverware before and after you're finished stamping, it looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  19. ...great post! ... Thanks for sharing...:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. SUper cute~ thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete