Monday 4 June 2012

Red Ticking and a french towel

Red Ticking.... remember my post and my new pillows
I
had made for my porch... well, this has never happened before.
I left them out overnight and the next morning UGH!!! a big hole in my pillow.


Well thank goodness, I still had yardage left. So I made a new cover.
Note to Linda take in cushions at night...

Today was a cold wet day so I spent some time in my sewing studio.
Guess what I made .
A cute ruffled tea towel made of red ticking.

I added on a cute french graphic( thanks to Graphic Fairy)  to the towel and hung it in the kitchen on
my antique pine cupboard.


Then tried it on the cute bistro table.



 and here


and here

 Don't you just love red ticking!!

I hope where you are your day is filled with warmth and sun.

Have a great week . Thanks for stopping by.
Linda

I'm Linking up with
Savvy Southern Style
Faded Charm
The Farmhouse Porch 
The Brambleberry Cottage
My Romantic Home
Kristen's Creations
AKA Designs 
Common Ground
The Vintage Farmhouse
French Country Cottage


15 comments:

  1. I can't believe something got into your pillow and made a hole. I guess whatever it was must love red ticking like the rest of us. :D The tea towel is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love red ticking Linda and I love that tea towel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tea towel. I love red ticking, blue ticking...yep all ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love red and love your new towel! Great fun having something that fits in no matter where you put it. Hoping for warm weather again. We sure needed the rain. Nice to see everyting so nice and green again.
    Have a great week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful towel!!! That is some chew hole in your pillow.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ticking, I just picked up a bunch of blue ticking from the bargain bin and can't wait to create! Thanks so much for sharing at Cowgirl Up! Hope you will join us again next week!
    Thanks,
    Amanda @ The Ivy Cottage Blog
    www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the towel! So pretty!!
    How did you transfer the graphic?
    ♥'s
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your red ticking tea towels are so cute. I love them and how you're using them.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DO love red ticking! Perfect this time of year in the U.S. with Independence Day coming up :)
    <3 Christina
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com
    Wildly Original Round Up party every Wednesday at 7pm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red against the white,

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE red! Sweet idea for reusing the material, and adding in a ruffle :)
    JoAnn
    sweetpepperrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the towel, so pretty, it turned out great!

    Hugs, Tanya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, Linda, what the heck ate your towel? Glad you had more fabric to make up another one. Love the tea towel! I love ticking. I just saw some the other day at Joann's while looking for another fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The tea towels are great.
    I wonder what made the hole in your pillow??
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love red ticking, too! Your deck looks like a great place to sit and sip ice tea!

    ReplyDelete