Wednesday 6 June 2012

Soups on....

. Let's Eat

The table is set for 2.

Soups on....

A little cool and overcast the other day so I decided to make some soup
and  raisin tea biscuits.

I started out making a mess here.....


But ended up with these scrumptious tea biscuits.



2 cups flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 1/2 tbsp of butter. ( I used organic butter spread)
1 c raisins
milk to moisten . (I use almond milk)

Sift dry ingredients, then add butter and mix till course.
Add milk and raisins.
Mix till blended and roll out onto floured board.
Knead then roll out to 1" thick
Use your cutter and cut out 18 biscuits.
Grease cookie sheet and preheat oven to 450.
Make sure your biscuits touch so that you will have even heights.

I brushed the tops with butter spread before baking.

Then while they were baking I made soup.

2 cups of water
salt and pepper to taste
2 whole potatoes pealed and chopped into bite size
1 lge carrot pealed and chopped
1 whole sweet onion. diced into small pieces
1/4 of a cabbage sliced thinly
1 lge parsnip pealed and chopped
1/2 chili sauce and a squirt of ketchup.
simmer for 1 hour or till veg are cooked.

I hope you will try my recipes.
Have a great day !
Linda


Linking up with

 Rattlebridge Farm Foodie Fri
Let's Dish
Stonegable On the Menu Mon
Tablescape Thurs BNOAP
Katherines Corner 
The Brambleberry Cottage 
The Tablescaper


14 comments:

  1. Love your red and white with the checked mats!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy..great for a cool day. Now we have had the rain we need some sun to get some crops/gardens growing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious to me, and I love the red checks. We are soon to be too hot for soup here so I'm trying to enjoy it while I can. It's comfort food to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, your soup and tea biscuits look great to me, especially set against the red plates and checkered placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soup looks delicious and so do the biscuits! I love the colors of your table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please send that cool weather to the Kansas City area. I can eat soup anytime of the year whether hot or cold, but it sure does magically make it taste even better if it's chilly out! Good to see you making a mess while cooking. A neat cook is not to be trusted! ;-) Have a great evening, and thanks for sharing the tea biscuit recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh the soup looks fabulous.. and so do the biscuits. Your table looks so very inviting too. Have a great week, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum raisin biscuits sound wonderful to me! And the soup is interesting too--a squirt of ketchup? Is that a real measurement? Heehee. I love cabbage and parsnips so I think I would like the soup, too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds yummy Linda! It's chilly here at the beach too. Hopefully, today it will be warmer. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a great meal!! I have never added chill sauce...thanks for the interesting twist!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a messy cook too. This all looks so good. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo P.S. the new giveaway was posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that biscuit recipe looks easy and delicious, my very favorite kind. I will be certainly to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing it. Dianne

    ReplyDelete