Thursday 18 October 2012

Remember this!!

While out antiquing this past summer we came upon a yard sale.

Not any yard sale but one that the Lions Club put on. So you knew the proceeds were going

to a great cause.

Remember I picked up this. I believe I paid $2.00.  My hubby couldn't figure out why I wanted THAT!!!

Well after some painting and sanding....... This is how it turned out.

Wasn't quite sure where I was going to hang it.... then I found this at another sale.


I loved the red schoolhouse. I believe this is from a collection by Johnson Bros.

I knew the two were a match and I hung them here.
I added the dried hydrangeas from my garden. It looked a little bare.

Here is in the Master Suite.  Just a peak.



Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.
                I love reading them all.

                Linda

I'm linking up with :
Between Naps on the Porch Met Monday
Debbiedoo's
 My Romantic Home
It's Overflowing
French Country Cottage
From My Front Porch To Yours
The Farmhouse Porch
The Shabby Nest
A Shabby Art Boutique
Be Different Act Normal
DIY Show Off
Nifty Thrifty Treasures
StoneGable Tutorial and Tidbits 
Miss Mustard Seed
Common Ground
Aka Designs
Katherines Corner
The Charm of Home
Under The Table and Dreaming
Funky Junk Interiors.
Get Schooled Saturday 
Cedar Hill Ranch 
Home Stories A to Z

18 comments:

  1. How pretty that little shelf looks! So much better in white. I love the plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda your shelf is beautiful. I love the Church plate. I can't wait to see more of your bedroom. It looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I have one of those in my garage we planned to paint white, it's gold though. Yours turned out just gorgeous with the vignette you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just a perfect piece on your wall. I love those plates by Johnson Bros. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wall ornament and the price can't be beat! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that beautiful wall ornament. Don't you just love that Johnson's Brother plate. I have one just like it, I plan to display it after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job! Love that pretty shelf painted like that. I have the same plate :) It is Johnson Bros. The friendly village collection. It's actually marked, School House. It's very sweet with the snow falling. I bid on a small collection through shopgoodwill.com (amazing btw) I just love the whole Friendly Village collection.I didn't get any of the school house, though. I got the mill, the covered bridge, etc. but they are all pretty! Very beautiful display!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Linda! I like the shot looking thru your mirror. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, I love this piece and the dish is great. Love the shot you took of this.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Linda, you Meat Loaf listening girl.....hahhaaa...
    I am 10 yrs older than you...born last day of '37...just never got into that kind of music but now, I am DYING to hear BAT OUT OF HELL...maybe I can hear it on UTube...or ask my grands...they can tell me where to go to hear it.

    I am lovin your cute shelf and plate...fun fun thrifting, hu?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new color! And the plate looks so nice up there too.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty grouping you created. The hydrangeas are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really LOVE it! It looks so much better with the paint job you gave it. I have a piece similar to that in my basement that I've been hanging on to. It's projects like yours that encourage me to keep things that might look better with a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty addition and I love Friendly Village Plates! Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find and I love how your finished it. Looks so pretty with your dried flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the changes you made to your sweet little shelf, and what a bargain!

    blessings. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these corbel shelves. They can be used in so many different way. YOurs looks fabulous. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so amazing! I love the hydrangea!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete