Monday 11 July 2011

Out Antiquing and thrifty finds

Well here we go with the old vehicles. I think we put over 200 miles on the 49 Saturday. The day was glorious.
We decided to take a run to Bancroft.  We always bring a picnic lunch. Here we ate by a river running through town.(I'm taking the pic) So you want to see what my finds were....
Laura Secord Lunch box in red ......... can't seem to find any info on this one. can you help?
Cast iron long haired daschound
White pottery vase US markings  all for $20.00,

Old pump that Mr dh will restore.. $25.00
Santa stake...... freeeeeeeee
sled ...freeeeeeee,
 
Nutcracker Chef (bombay) in original box $15.00,
One great way to spend a glorious Saturday.

I'm linking up with ...     Won't you join us....
Met Monday BNOAP
Cherished Treasures
Boogie Board Cottage,
Southern Hospitality  Thrifty Finds
The house in roses
Coastal Charm Tues,
A Stroll thru life
Sassy Sites T2T Tues
Savvy Southern Style Wow us Wed
No Minimalists Here Thurs
Brambleberry Cottage  Thurs
At the Picket fence Insp fri
My Romantic Home Fri
French Country Cottage Feathered Nest Fri
The Shaby Nest\Shabby Chic Cottge
Faded Charm

12 comments:

  1. Hi there, Just found you at Elizabeth & Gary's-had to stop by. We have much in common, quilting, antiquing, grandkids and dogs. We are down to just one dog currently. Hubby also love old cars but currently the only ones we have is our regular cars. What type of dog is Max? His look reminds me of our old Sadie.
    I'll be back to visit. Wonderful blog.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda!
    What a great day you had on Sunday and you found some wonderful treasures to boot! I love your Laura Secord lunch box...I can't tell you anything about it but I sure did start craving chocolate when I saw the name ;)I love that pump too...I have a small red one and a large one that hubby wants to restore and hook up one day. He also wants to build a farm windmill too so I'm sure it will be a long while before either is done ;) Hubby just happened to come in while I was looking at your blog so I had to show him your old vehicles...his dream is to find and restore an old pickup for the farm. So many projects and since he's not retired yet...not enough time to get them all done right now. Good luck finding your hutch...I found this on Craigslist for $75 but the big one you only see part of was $100 (Craigslist)and is MUCH larger. Once I get it dusted I'll take a few pictures :)Enjoy your week and thanks for stopping by today! Maura (like Laura but with an M ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, thanks so much for visiting me, leaving a comment and becoming a follower of my blog. I love meeting new bloggers and especially Canadian ones. Your blog is very interesing as we have the same interest in vintage 'junk'. I love your antique cars. Wow. How fun to have them and to drive them around. There was a huge antique car show in Moncton on the weekend. I hope you have a great week! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your old Coke cooler in the photo. Your freebie dollhouse if pretty cool. You can't beat $0.00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds and some for freeeee! What could be better! Love your vintage cars! Always wanted one to use for junkin'!! Visiting from Coastal Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the freeeee stuff!
    Such a fun day!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've pinned your Santa stake...gonna make one for myself. It is so cute!!!
    I love your coca-cola cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of sweet finds! I especially like the cast iron dachshund figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this post is just mean! You found a sweet lunch box with my name on it and a darling doxie that is very similar to the one sleeping on my lap.

    Sigh. Some girls have all the luck in finding really wonderful things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun day; and look at those goodies; the freebies are by far my favorites though! (well, love that old iron pump too)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found you thru Show & Tell Friday. Free dollhouse? Score! I've found two curbside and renovated them both!So fun!
    rosie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such charming finds and that dollhouse!! Oh my!! Love it! Thanks for linking up the FNF this week! :)

    ReplyDelete