Sunday 20 January 2013

WINDY!! COLD!!! SNOW!!!


                        WINDY........SNOW SQUALLS......JUST DARN COLD OUT!!

When you have this kind of weather ....do you embrace it??????

Go out and let the wind take your breath away......



Too cold to enjoy.........hold onto your hat kind of day................

Or do you snuggle by the fire to keep warm................




Well I tend to stay by the fire and crochet in our great room...........

When my daughter saw this GRAY THROW  here.............


I knew that she would love one in red ........soooooooo.............

I finished it just in time for Christmas......


 I'm currently working on this one for a my eldest son..............




I purchased my jumbo balls of yarn at Walmart..........CDN $ 14.99...

Now I also picked up this colour....blue.............for another son...........



I know it's going to be a long COLD winter................


I hope you are enjoying your day ........warm or cold..............

                             As always thanks for stopping by.

                                       Linda


I'm linking up with these parties:
It's So Very Cheri 
Creative Cain Cabin
Shabby Art Boutique
No Minimalist Here
Alderberry Hill 
 Between Naps on the Porch Met Monday
Debbiedoo's 
 My Romantic Home
It's Overflowing 
French Country Cottage
From My Front Porch To Yours 
The Farmhouse Porch
The Shabby Nest
A Shabby Art Boutique
Be Different Act Normal
Savvy Southern Style 
Nifty Thrifty Treasures
StoneGable Tutorial and Tidbits 
Blissful Whites
Miss Mustard Seed 
Common Ground
Katherines Corner
The Charm of Home 
Under The Table and Dreaming 
Funky Junk Interiors.
Get Schooled Saturday 
Cedar Hill Ranch 
Home Stories A to Z 

15 comments:

  1. What beautiful throws! And it looks like the perfect day to stay in and crochet by the fire. Do you have any hot chocolate nearby? Stay cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cozy Linda! I love to crochet!! I just can't find the time to do it now. I have a throw that I have been working on for two years now and still haven't finish it. Your throws are beautiful. Enjoy your evening, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness it looks cold there! I'm with you and would sit by the fire. I love the afghans you've made. Your kids are lucky to have you make them one. Looks like just the right thing to do on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your throws look so warm and cozy. I don't crochet, but I used to knit. Just haven't done so in a long time.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the red throw, that chair looks cozy and warm near the fire, good place to sit and knit or crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss that great big ball of Wool????
    I got some more of the Chunky...to make my daughter an afghan...while I am away...
    Love the red...so rich...
    We are not having the squalls like you...just quite blustery and cold...
    Enjoy your evening...nearly time for Downton Abbey..:o)

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know it's going to be a long cold week!! Down in the minus double digits here all week. Brrrr. I like your cozy fireplace and the beautiful afghans you're making. I guess you'll be needing them too! Stay cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. -24 here this morning. I wish I was a knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. Every so often I think I will get out my hooks and pick up some yarn. I used to have an afghan or three going in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty! VERY cold here this week...
    I still have an afghan that my grandmother made ages ago. They last forever! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me long for a great big snow!!! I love to be inside with the snow coming down... reading or blogging with a big pot of soup on the stove!!! Your children are so blessed that they have handmade things by you!!! Snuggle down with one of your beautiful crochet throws!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect weather to sit by a fire and crochet. I am also knitting but at a very slow pace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a smart project for the cold weather, you can cover up with the throw while you work on it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, these are fabulous. I use to crochet, maybe I need to start again. Beautiful afghans. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!That's a lot of wool my friend! We have some very cold weather here too. The air is unbreathable ( we made national news). Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete