Monday 8 September 2014

Trash to Treasures



                                       Is there a specific piece that you look for.....


                                               Are you a collector......

                                      Does colour matter..........

        Well I'm the kind of gal that is spontaneous ........If I see a bowl and like it's colour.....
                                   I take it home.....does $$$$ matter.........

                                             Of course it does.......







                               So when I came across this pudding bowl at a yard sale and
                           the lady says .25 cents .....would you  linger and hummm and haaa...
                                   no....you would pay her promptly.....and wonder wow!!!! deal
                                              of the day!!!!!






                                       Then I spot this outdoor carpet laying there under a tree.....
                                           no price.....hmmmm and haaaa.....the nice person says it's
                                               yours for $2.00 sold.......roll it up and take it.....
                                                      Know it will look great on my upper deck ...

                                       carry on farther down the road and come across another yard sale....
                                                 this bowl sings to me......love the colour......

 


                                              This person knows it's an antique......$5.00 sold........
                                                     then I see a container of marbles....allies....
                                                      .25 cents ....sold....thought I would use them




                                                          someday....or just show my grands how we played
                                                                 with them.....not electronic games like now.....

                                                         Then we are off to Lakefield fairgrounds to the annual
                                                                           Antique show and sale.....

                                                                       Bought these two shaving mugs....
                                                                         both from different vendors.......
                                                                            The blue one was $1.00
                                                                              the green was $2.00....




                                                       I'm crazy over trasnsferware.........

                                               Then from afar I spotted her.......knowing that she was
                                                               maybe 19 years old not an antique.....
                                                                            but a collectible item.....

                                                                       can you guess????









                                                No I don't collect Barbies....but she will make
                                                              someone happy.....
                                                   The price on the box when new $54.00
                                                         It still had the sticker in contact.....
                                                                          Zellers.....






                                                                 I paid $15.00.......

                                                  Started out at $25.00 then down to $15.00

                                                                 Couldn't go wrong......

                                                   Oh yes and this cute red pick up truck
                                                       $7.00.....Mr.WWH couldn't make
                                                                       it for that price.....

                                                               You will have to wait to see
                                                                          it.....already full of
                                                                ..............................................

                                    Have you been out treasure hunting lately..........

                                   
                                                                  Thanks for stopping by!
                                            Love hearing from you! Leave a message won't you!
               
                                                                       Linda

9 comments:

  1. I haven't seen bargains like that for years - you did well and had fun! The little shaving mugs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total score on the bargains! I tend to collect things that remind me of childhood. The sort of thing that would have been in my grandmothers houses or that the women whole lived before me in this old house would have had. I guess it's the stories I imagine that are the inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some great treasures! You can never have too many bowls. Love the old Barbie you found. I'm betting your granddaughter will get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You better believe I would have grabbed that bowl up in a NY minute. Yessiree! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great deals on your finds. The pudding bowl is my favourite. I have 4 of varying sizes and found 2 of them for .25 each at garage sales. Nothing found lately but we have looked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been treasure hunting and I'm trying to get rid of some stuff so I'll behave myself. For now anyway. :) I have a set of 3 white pudding bowls plus an aqua one and a pink one. Love them all. I like the shaving mugs you found. They'd make cute planters for succulents wouldn't they? Have a great week Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll have to open a booth like me soon!! I adore pudding bowls of any colour - that one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some awesome treasures there ... love the pudding bowls. I haven't been out lately, garage sales have dwindled away here for another year. We have a flea market close by but they didn't have much in the summer when we were there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds and I am in LOVE with transferware. I am starting to collect small bits at a time.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete