Friday 22 May 2015

For the love of Lilacs










Do you agree?

Lilacs are so easy to grow and the varieties are endless.

My personal favourite are the purple blooms.

Oh the heavenly scent fills the room with only a few blooms.




Here take a closer look .  Now breath deeply and close your eyes.....

Can you smell them?

I pulled out my brushes and watercolour paint and captured these blooms on paper.





                                        Do you grow lilacs and what is your favourite?

                                             Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!


                                          Love hearing from you!  If you are a new follower
                                                                   Welcome!

                                                          Thanks for stopping by!
                                                       
                                                       

6 comments:

  1. I love the way lilacs look but I can't grow them here. It's too hot. So, I have to use fake ones in my house. LOL! Love your pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilacs are a favorite and the scent is heavenly!! Love your painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do grow a variety of lilacs which are all blooming right now. My favourites are a dark purple, but I love them all. You can't beat that fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a beautiful dark purple bush, my favourite and 3 white ones. They aren't my favourite, but they smell wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple. Have a super Memorial day weekend

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am partial to the White...
    Great painting!
    Enjoy your week....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete