Tuesday 28 June 2016

Antiquing and out touring



Hello Friends!

It was another beautiful Saturday so off we went with our friends touring in our smooth sailing
baby. 49 Meteor. Oh she runs like a baby.

Here's out first stop. Betty's pies and tarts. Oh you know the kind of butter tarts that
are so sweet and runny and gooey .  Betty's is well known far and wide.


The Royal Winter Fair is one of the largest  Fall Fairs in Canada.

Let's go inside, shall we!


The girls are busy making tart shells in the back.
Well we saw so many sweets we always go back to our favourite.




Half a dozen please of your raisin butter tarts. Yes you are seeing only four, we had to taste
test while we were there.

Betty's is located on Hwy # 2 between Port Hope, Ontario and Coburg.

Back on the road again heading towards the Big Apple in Colborne, Ont we stopped at
this cute Antique shop.


In the bottom left hand corner of this picture I noticed these red plates. You know I love red and white transferware.

I must apologize for the poor photo. I only had my phone with me not my camera.
Would  you just know it I got so busy looking around I forgot to take more pics.


Our round trip home put 154 miles on the 49 Meteor and what a beauty of a day!

The night before I had been to a yard sale and look what I found.
I new if I didn't snatch it up someone would!


My cast iron urn is 8 inches high by 18 inches across.  Trying to decide what to plant in it!
                                       Any suggestions!

I know it's been so hot these past weeks and we have been praying for rain.
A storm came through, only winds, rained all around us.

So to keep our fur baby Benny cool he went to the doggy spa.

                                 Benny had his summer clip.



             Oh my his legs look so long, don't they.


                                                   As always thanks for following along!


sharing with :
The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style

2 comments:

  1. Those butter tarts do look good!!! I've heard of Betty's, but never been. Will have to try it next time I'm in the area.
    Love the urn - how about a Boston fern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not have to see Cobourg ON to know you were Canadian..BUTTER TARTS says it all. I think I found you on Pinterest and so glad I came over...lovely posts Linda...

    ReplyDelete