Wednesday 22 June 2016

Tribute to Fur Babies



Hello Friends! It's been awhile.

I took some time off from the computer. Ever find that just sometimes you need that?

I know I did. What to write, what's my audience looking for, Sometimes it's just plain pressure.

Just so everyone knows out there.....I blog for fun!!! That's all!

So this is what I have been up to.



I found my new love .....painting.....

                       I dedicate this grumpy cat to my niece since her cat passed.


Found my love in watercolour pencils. I use Derwent brand. Great pigment.

I don't mind sharing this with you, even though many out there like to keep their art mysterious.



Isn't she the cutest Pug. Our son Jim's  Rosie!










Here I'm showing the beginning of Charlie, our other son Bill's  British Bulldog.

I take a picture of my subject and then start tracing out the outline with my watercolour pencils
then continue painting it in.   Don't you just love that face!





Meet Rosco! Another pet of Bill's,  a Yellow Lab.
Here I used my pencils as well as watercolour paints. When using my paints I use Windsor Newton.






Isn't she the cutest! This is Gemma, a French Bulldog. Another pet of my Bill's.



Meet Juno the Siamese cat. This cat is my grandaughter's.
I took a course in soft pastels and got hooked. Loved how this one turned out.







Last up is Lucy, a Golden Retriever. Our daughter Jill's .
As you can see from the picture she is painted with my watercolour paints.
Windsor Newton.

We all love out fur babies, don't we.


Next I'll get busy painting our beloved Fergus and let's not forget Benny!


Hope everyone's summer is off to a great start!


                                        Love hearing from you all!

                                        Follow along on Instagram


                                                Love to all


Sharing with:
Savvy Southern Style
Rooted In Thyme

9 comments:

  1. You ARE having fun!!! Thanks for the secret of tracing the outline and then filling it in. I may actually be able to do that!! In fact, I may start this afternoon with a photograph or two I have of our travels. I have some watercolour pencils just waiting for a project. Now that I'm not blogging, I have more time for leisurely activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! You truly have found your passion and you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous!....you are so very talented Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, Linda!
    That could keep you busy full time!- people wanting you to paint such great pet portraits.
    Fun post,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wondeful! the bulldog painting is my favorite!
    b

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your paintings are adorable. The little cow peaking out from your header is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented! I love how those turned out. You did a very good likeness of all of them. I'm glad that you're finding pleasure with painting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Linda, your pet paintings are wonderful! I have painted several dogs for friends, it's hard to capture their unique personalities and you look like you have mastered that! I do have some watercolor pencils,and need to get them out! I have recently discovered watercolor markers, which I like even better for details and highlights
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete