You know every year we have an abundance of apples, Spy and Mac.
Mr. WWH spends hours picking and picking by hand and filling bushel baskets.
We only have 2 trees but wow APPLES!!!!!
Our families, friends fill up their homes with apples . Did you know you can freeze apples.
You peel them, core them and then slice them, put them into airtight containers, or freezer bags and
pop them into your freezer. Then down the road when you want to make apple crisp, apple sauce etc.
you have them.
Well like I said an abundance.
Mr. WWH. ends up putting the bushel baskets filled with apples to our curbside with a
sign "FREE APPLES" just leave the bushel baskets.
Cars stopped constantly and fill up their bags. One gentlemen brought our bushel basket
back to our door and thanked us so much. Inside was a $5.00 bill and a note that he
was dropping off free range eggs in appreciation. By the way those eggs were delicious!
And so it continues, still apples to be picked so we try buying an apple picker. None to be found!
So, Mr WWH did the next best thing, made his own.
1. one large tomaoe can
2. cut and lathed a piece of wood to fit into one end of the can
3. one closet hanger rod that extended 6 ft.
4. a piece of thick plastic cut to size to fit and support the end of the can
5. cut out an opening on the side of the can and folded back an opening
6. added rubber hosing on to the sharp edges of the can
7. attached the can to the rod with wood screws
8. drill and tap the rod for adjusting the length
Here you go! One delicious Mac picked with our new apple picker.
Needless to say our trees needed pruning so Mr.WWH went to work
with a tree trimmer and cut them down to size . These trees still have
apples on them .
Well one things for sure we will always be healthy!
"AN APPLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY"
Thanks for stopping by, love hearing from you!
Life on Lakeshore Dr