Sunday 2 December 2012

White Weathered Hutch Christmas day 2




Day 2.......

The Front Bench..........



Do you decorate the whole outside of your house or just

your door.........

If you are anything like me I try to decorate with pops of colour....

So I keep our bench out front decorated in Pops of Red and green.........

I don't have a horse drawn sleigh  like this


so I use my iron bench.......


Here I have a tutorial on my Christmas Package to keep it from

getting weathered.
 This one is super easy.

Buy a box already decorated
Purchased at the $ store for $1.25
Ribbon purchased at the $store for $2.00
Clear plastic Wrap at the $ store $1.00.


I put in a large rock into my package that is seen on 
my bench  so the wind would not take it.
Then I proceeded to wrap this gift with the clear
plastic.
Add your ribbon. Ta ! Da! Done.

How easy is that.
Then I added my sleigh that I picked up at a Christmas sale and

placed the gift all wrapped inside. I added the moss balls that I made last year

a few gold stars and a pop of red with a wicker ball.

Draped the garland around the bench...............

Added a large Mesh Bow and...................

Here is my Sleigh (bench) in the front of our home.


The snow that we had the other day has been washed away by rain..........

but I know that in a few days I'm sure we will have even more than before.....

So the urn and the bench are completed next................









 The front door................


                                                     Enjoy your day!!!

                                   As always thanks for stopping by.


                                               Linda

                          I'm linking with:
                        Debbiedoo's Copy Cat Challenge Dec 10


                               Day 1

12 comments:

  1. I love the pine garland draped over your bench. You did a beautiful job of turning a bench into a sleigh. :) I decorated a large old enamel tub by filling it with left over potting soil from my summer pots and adding greenery -pine, fir, cedar and red dogwood sticks - silver balls ornaments and a bow. I set the whole thing on the bench on the front deck and draped LED lights around the bench and the arrangement. I have an old pair of black skates to put out but I keep forgetting about them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bench looks so pretty! I really love those gold stars and the present was a cute addition to the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bench is so pretty....love the pop of color :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    Very cute the way you have your outdoor bench decorated. I never would have thought to wrap in clear plastic to protect the box decor, what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...I just love Christmas Linda and all the inspiring ideas we get. This looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of us don't have sleighs, but we might have benches! Great copy cat and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! No I don't have a sleigh either so what a great idea to use your bench.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bench is beautiful! Great copycat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bench, and I love the inspiration for it--you did a great job with these decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a lovely idea and very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so simple and welcoming!

    if you haven't already stopped by, it would be a pleasure to have you take a peek at my giveaway: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    i hope you win!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bench looks perfect! Love the greenery and the pretty package. Thanks for the tip about wrapping with clear cellophane to preserve the look & the rock inside as a weight. Good tips!

    ReplyDelete