Saturday 1 December 2012

White Weathered Hutch Christmas Decorating 2012

Welcome everyone to the first of many days of Christmas Decorating .......
Let's start with the front of our home...

Many of my decorations came from along side the road....

What you say.......

The greenery.... While out for a drive through the most gorgeous  regions called

Ganaraska,,, the road went through the forest.....  and low and behold along the sides

they had just chopped down all these evergreens.....  So this is where my story begins...

STOP THE TRUCK!!!!!!

What the!!!!!! Mr. WWH says... GREENERY!!!!!   I yell!!!

So why the excitement?????  It's FREE for the taking.........

So he stops and I start loading up the back of the truck and a hear a viehicle coming....

So I load all I can ......... Stop worrying he says...... it's ok........

So I load up the truck some more.....  Oh the smell of fresh pine and fir.....

Large pieces........small.........large tree branches that look like a whole tree...

Do you think you have enough says Mr WWH???????   Enough!! I reply!!!!

You can never have enough!!!!

So......... here is my Urn out the front of our home .......with all the greenery that was free

for the taking.............. oh by the way the vehicle I heard never appeared.....


I added the large honey pinecone that I already had......

Gold balls on sticks I already had...........

Glass beads on wire.........already had......

Seed pods...........you guessed it..... already had.....

Three birch branches I have had for many years and store in the shed....... already had...

Fresh Magnolia branches...... had to purchase.....

Large Cast Iron Urn......had for many years........

So the final cost of my urn decorated was...........$3.00.........

With the leftover greenery I decorated my planter on the garage.......


Be sure you all come back for over the next 24 days I will be posting Christmas Decorating....

Tips and Tutorials.........

Maybe even a giveaway........


                                                 Enjoy your Day!!

                                   As always thanks for stopping by.


13 comments:

  1. Very pretty! It would be hard to pass up free greenery, and you've made good use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Linda! Nothing like free stuff along the side of the road. Your urn looks gorgeous and is a great way to start the holiday decorating. Now you just need some snow to dust it. :) Enjoy the weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are! And how beautiful it looks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Linda! I love an urn decorated for the season. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great suff, I love the urn simply beautiful.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. So so lucky! It all looks gorgeous, so how better to find that but you!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's how I love to decorate - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the same thing!!!
    Cut a bunch of stuff out at the cottage...enough, that I did my front display, adn one out the dining room at the back..with lights!!
    Yours turned out very well, Linda..

    Enjoy your weekend..
    We got some snow last night...very pretty!!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! It looks like something out of Southern Living Magazine (believe it or not). Alot of southern homes decorate with magnolia leaves and pinecones like that. The combination of the different greenery and the addition of the birch logs is my favorite. Good thing you saved those. I wish I could decorate with fresh greenery outside but it's just too warm here. It would start turning brown before Christmas ever got here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow...those urns look gorgeous! I have to agree with Kelly's comment above, they look like they came out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so stately, the greenery in the urns! I love your idea, FREE décor.
    Great use of the fresh greens. Amazing!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the story behind this beautiful evergreen Christmas urn Linda! It truly is magazine worthy!! I would like to also Thank You my friend for such a beautiful thoughtful gift I received yesterday....it made my day!! Enjoy your Sunday, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. The urn is exquisite. You've inspired me to add greenery to our porch urns.

    ReplyDelete