Wednesday 27 July 2016

Creative Days!



Hello friends its been awhile!

The days fly by so quickly in the summer, don't they!

I have joined a few online painting groups and have been trying to keep up.
One of the stipulations was to paint a watercolour picture daily. UGH!! ME!
I'm just a beginner without any art lessons......Could I!!

Well I put my brush to the test.

Kathy     posted these beautiful sunflowers and I just had to paint them. Watercolour 9 x 12 . Drop by her instagram https://www.instagram.com/kate482010/
and you will see for yourself.

Then I thought I would do pen/ink with watecolour and sketch out this farmstead
not far from us in a small town called Leaskdale.
This painting is on postcard size 4 x 6 . I made this cute pad for on the go.


A little wonky, but hey that's what art is all about having fun!

Sunday evening outside on the front bench I sketched what ever came into my head.

Sugar'n cream with berries.


Another on my to go pad 4 x 6 . In pen/ink with watercolour. My still life needs alot of work.

But I managed to paint another in a day.

It's also worldwatercolormonth on Facebook and I'm loving all the beautiful pieces of artwork!
I get the odd like but hey again I'm just a beginner having fun!

Well I'm sure I've bored you to death!

Thought I would end this post with my sweet fur baby Benny.



It was his day yesterday at the doggie Spa!

                                     Thanks for all your sweet comments!

                                Be sure to follow along on my Instagram page.


                                                            Happy Summer!





Sharing with :

9 comments:

  1. Your paintings are simply amazing Linda....So when do you plan to have a show?...They all belong in one!
    Love your fur baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Those paintings and drawings are great! You are so talented. I truly believe that to be an artist like that you must have been born with it. I don't know how you teach someone to do that. Benny looks awfully cute! Love his name too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bored? Not at all. I am impressed at your energy and endeavour! I like your paintings very much, especially the little farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much friend!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure are creative days! Your paintings keep getting better and better! Live the sunflowers! And to paint t one a day - that's an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should have mentioned that I first pen/ink the sunflowers before I painted them.

      Delete
  6. You have been very creative. The paintings are fantastic. Benny is TOO CUTE!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are doing well! I've been painting with acrylics since 2013, on occasion, but I'm not a lot better. I do enjoy trying though, as I know you do. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete