Wednesday 5 December 2012

WWH Christmas Day 5 - a branch cage

What you say........

A Branch Cage......... For What......

Well you know how tall a Amaryllis grows and  eventually needs some help....

 



So here is a easy cage to make to help sturdy them.





You will need:
8 small branches cut into 6" lengths

 



raffia





At each corner place you stick in securely....




Then you are going to attach the cross bars and wrap with raffia.....

As you can see I have attached one cross bar.....

continue untill all are attached ......

Water weekly ..... and watch them grow..........


Now wasn't that easy........

And it looks great...........


Thanks for following along.... I hope you will find some inspiration and try this easy cage....


                                                       As always thanks for stopping by.

                                                               Day 4 here
                                                                                                                           Day 3 here
                                                                                                                           Day 2 here
                                                                                                                           Day 1 here

4 comments:

  1. I love amarylis, I have some beautiful faux ones in my living room for the holidays. I am afraid to have real ones with the dogs.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea Linda! Did you know that if you keep those dogwood sticks in water without cutting the buds off that they will sprout green leaves? I did this a couple of years ago. Green leaves in the house in late winter. I wonder if they would sprout in the pot with the amaryllis? Thanks for sharing this cute cage. Now I have to cut some more sticks and dig out the raffia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited....I have two Paper Whites that have bloomed!! This is my first time for planting them. I didn't plant any Amaryllis. Is it too late to plant them? Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am growing paperwhites from bulbs from the first time. Do you think I'll need a cage like yours for them? Great idea, and I appreciate the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete